Tips and advice for staying safe and in control:
- Only sign up to licenced casinos
- Set limits to control spending
- Opt-out from marketing lists such as email, SMS and letters
- Set cool off periods or exclude yourself from casinos if needed
- Mobile casino apps are not right for people who are prone to addiction
- Seek help if you feel like you are becoming addicted
All licenced online casinos will give you the option to take a cool-off period or even self-exclude your account if needed.
You have the choice how long a cool off period lasts, this can usually be from one day up to a couple of months.
A cooling off period means that you will need be able to access your account for a chose period of time. If you feel like a couple of months cool-off period isn’t long enough, this is a where a self-exclusion may be more suitable as you can remove yourself from the casino for a longer period of time.
If you feel like you may be struggling with a gambling addiction, we advise that you get the support from a trusted organisation.
Gambling Helpline New Zealand
Speak to a counsellor at any time for free using 0800 654 655 or text using 8006.
Connect to other people who have been affected by gambling. The Gambling Helpline forum has been set up for people to chat anonymously for free.
Problem Gambling Foundation
Web – https://www.pgf.nz/
Register for support and one of the team will get in touch with you.
Call PGF for free to speak to a counsellor on 0800 664 262
Text 5819 to text for free with a counsellor
Online chat services are available
Email – email@example.com